God has commanded us to love him not for God’s sake but for ours. Given the way God has set things up, loving anything other than God as god is a major mistake. The greatest commandment protects us from the misery of idolatry – that we might find our ultimate good and discover the ultimate meaning of happiness in God. (David Naugle: Reordered Love, Reordered Lives)
Yesterday we concluded the Abraham and Sarah arc of our “Story” series by exploring Genesis 22. As you reflect upon God’s command to Abraham to offer up his son, Issac, what is it in your life that God might be inviting you to give up and give over – in order that God might give it back to you for your enjoyment and happiness?
Here is our complete worship flow:
- All the Poor and Powerless (All Sons and Daughters)
- Hallelujah: Your Love Is Amazing (Brenton Brown)
- Reading from Psalm 145
- Only King Forever (Elevation Worship)
- Prayers from St. Patrick
- Be Thou My Vision (Ascend the Hill version)
- Announcements and Offering
- Message (Given Up, Given Over, Given Back)
You can earn what other communities of faith experienced this past weekend in worship at The Worship Community.