For Jesus fought and conquered and through obedience doing away with disobedience completely: for he bound the strong man, and set free the weak, and endowed his own handiwork with salvation, by destroying sin. (Irenaeus)
Yesterday, we continued our series, “We Believe,” by looking at the work of Jesus. The creed, capturing the spirit of Ephesians 4: 9-10, gives witness first to the descent of Jesus:
- He suffered under Pontius Pilate
- Was crucified, died and was buried
- He descended into hell
And then boldly proclaims the ascent of Christ:
- On the third day He rose again from the dead
- He ascended into heaven
- Sits at the right hand of God the Father
- And judges the Living and the Dead
As you consider the work of Jesus, here are two questions to reflect upon:
- In what ways and places do you long to see the powers of evil overcome, both personally and globally?
- What are the comforts and challenges from realizing that our judge is also our redeemer’?
Here is our complete worship flow:
- Beautiful Jesus (Kristian Stanfill)
- Mighty to Save (Hillsong)
- The Apostles Creed
- This We Believe (Hillsong)
- Interview with Audrey
- Announcements and Offering
- Message (We Believe in Jesus)
- Jesus, Messiah (Chris Tomlin)
You can learn what other communities of faith expereinced this weekend in worship at The Worship Community.