Jesus said to them: “It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority. But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.” (Acts 1:7-8)
When the day of Pentecost came, they were all together in one place. Suddenly a sound like the blowing of a violent wind came from heaven and filled the whole house where they were sitting. They saw what seemed to be tongues of fire that separated and came to rest on each of them. All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit enabled them. (Acts 2:1-5)
Yesterday was a full day in worship. We had a guest speaker, someone I can honestly say I have known my entire life, my mother, Marvel Timm. She shared a message entitled, A Day of Remembrance and weaved together reflections on Memorial Day and Pentecost. Many of her stories came from the book she recently authored, Flambeau: Mother of Exile.
Here is our complete worship flow:
- All Creatures of Our God and King (Crowder version)
- Awake My Soul (Mumford and Sons)
- Doxology (Eoghan Heaslip version)
- Reading from Psalm 145
- Unison Prayer based upon Psalm 145 (ReWorship)
- Wholly Yours (David Crowder Band)
- Broken Vessels (Hillsong)
- This Is Amazing Grace (Wickham and Riddle)
- Announcements and Offering
- Message (A Day of Remembrance)
- Your Love Never Fails
You can learn what other communities of faith experienced this past weekend in worship at The Worship Community.