We too pass through the Red Sea, the desert, cross the Jordan into the promised land. With Israel we fall into doubt and unbelief and through punishment and repentance experience again God’s help and faithfulness. All this is not mere reverie, but holy, godly reality. We are torn out of our own existence and set down in the midst of the whole history of God on earth. There God dealt with us, and their God still deals with us, our needs and our sins, in judgment and grace. (Dietrich Bonhoeffer)
Today in our gathering we explored Exodus 15:22-17:6. Here’s my one sentence summary: we will experience bitter things in life, but those bitter experiences need not make us bitter people.
Here is our complete worship flow:
- Lord, I need You (Matt Maher)
- Our God Is Mercy (Brenton Brown)
- One Thing Remains (Jesus Culture)
- Your Love Never Fails (Jesus Culture)
- Always (One Sonic Society)
- Prayer for the Beginning of the School Year
- Announcements and Offering
- Message (Test or Trust)
You can learn what other communities of faith experienced this past weekend at The Worship Community.