Discipleship is a way to curate your heart to be attentive to and intentional about what you love….To follow Jesus is to become a student of the Rabbi who teaches us how to love; to be a disciple of Jesus is to enroll in the school of charity. Jesus is not the Lecturer-in-Chief; his school of charity is not like the lecture hall where we passively take notes while Jesus spouts facts about himself in a litany of text heavy PowerPoint slides. (James KA Smith, You Are What You Love)
Yesterday as we began our new series, (re)calibrate, I invited our community to reflect upon these four questions:
- What do you want in life?
- How intentional are you in your practice of the Christian faith?
- How often do you engage in one of the classic Christian practices of Scripture, prayer, serving, Sabbath or examine?
- What do you love? Is the love of God and neighbor at the heart of your heart?
Here is our complete worship flow:
- Heaven Meets Earth (All Sons and Daughters)
- One Thing Remains (Kristin Stanfill)
- 10,000 Reasons (Matt Redman)
- Exalted Over All (Vertical Worship)
- Always (Kristin Stanfill)
- A Time of Repentence
- Announcements and Offering
- Message (Recalibrate)