This summer we are exploring Paul’s letter to the church in Philippi and on Sunday I shared a message, “Worthy of the Gospel.” In Philippians 1:27, Paul challenges the believers in Philippi (along with the believers in the south hills of Pittsburgh) with these words, “Whatever happens, as citizens of heaven live in an manner worthy of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.”
Paul reminds God’s people that our primary citizenship is in God’s kingdom. In light of that truth, this week reflect upon these questions:
- What is my understanding of the Gospel?
- How has my understanding of the Gospel been shaped by cultural narratives?
- How do I understand concepts like creation, sin and forgiveness?
- How does the person and work of Jesus Christ impact the way I take up my life of faith in the places I live, learn, work, serve and play?
Here is our complete worship flow:
- Guide Me O Thou Great Jehovah (Jeremy Casella)
- God of Brilliant Lights (Aaron Shust)
- Forever Reign (Hillsong)
- Prayer for Our Nation
- Announcements and Offering
- Message (Worthy of the Gospel)
- Lord, I Need You (Matt Maher)