Yesterday we began our summer study of Paul’s letter to the church in Philippi. Over the next three months we will explore this amazing letter of friendship, exhortation and joy. I love the opening words: “Paul and Timothy, servants of Christ Jesus,To all God’s holy people in Christ Jesus at Philippi, together with the overseers and deacons: Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. (Philippians 1:1-2)
After spending some time working through the Philippians backstory in Acts 16, I framed up the series with these three big ideas:
- Have you ever wondered what can happen when the Gospel comes to a city (a family, a neighborhood, a workplace or campus)?
- The Gospel is more than ideas, concepts, and theories; it is a way of life taken up in the midst of flesh and blood friendships.
- At the heart of the Gospel is God’s grace and peace.
Here is our complete worship flow:
- Mighty Fortress (Aaron Shust)
- Salvation’s Tide (Kristian Stanfill)
- One True God (Steven Curtis Chapman)
- Graduation Celebration
- Announcements and Offering
- Message (Grace and Peace)
- Your Grace Finds Me (Matt Redman)