The beauty of the Incarnation is that no longer do we need to wonder what God is like. God has chosen to reveal himself to us through the Son, Jesus Christ. And yesterday our Director of Spiritual Formation and Teaching, Dave Bindewald reminded us that God loves us and this world, God hates death and loves life.
Today spend a few moments reflecting upon these questions:
- In what realm of your life have you either forgotten about God’s presence or failed to acknowledge God’s nearness?
- How might this new awareness change your current reality?
Here is our complete worship flow:
- Here for You (Matt Redman and Matt Maher)
- Collect for Purity
- God of Brilliant Lights (Aaron Shust)
- His Company (Daniel Renstrom)
- Advent Video: A Season That Forms (The Work of the People)
- Scripture reading: Luke 1:26-38
- Come Thou Long Expected Jesus (Daniel Renstrom version)
- Advent Conspiracy Update
- Announcements and Offering
- Message (The Miraculous Gift)
- What Child Is This (Third Day version)
You can learn what other communities of faith experienced this past weekend in worship at The Worship Community.