Compassion Sunday is a special, annual event that draws the attention of the Church to the needs of the world’s poorest children. It provides an opportunity to share your heart for the poor with those who could help change their lives forever. Did you know:
• About every 30 seconds a child dies of malaria, a preventable and treatable disease.
• An estimated 101 million primary-school-age children worldwide don’t attend school.
• About 2.5 billion people live on less than $2 per day, making them extremely
vulnerable to natural disasters, illness, food shortages or instability of any kind.
• 22,000 children die each day due to conditions of poverty.
• 1 billion children (nearly half of all the world’s children) live in poverty. Hundred
of millions live in extreme poverty.
• Each day, 10,000 newborns in developing countries die within a month of birth.
• 640 million children live with our adequate shelter.
• There are 1.1 billion people in developing countries without access to clean water
My tweet of the day was from Justin McRoberts, a Compassion artist who tweeted: “I used to say 30k kids died daily, lacking access to basics. Today, that # is below 18k. It’s working, Keep it up!”
Here is our complete worship flow:
- Praise the Invisible (Daniel Bashta)
- He Is Risen (Paul Baloche)
- Rock of Ages, You Will Stand (Paul Baloche)
- The Rock Won’t Move (Vertical Band)
- Compassion Sunday Presentation
- Announcements and Offering
- Message (The God of Compassion)
- Mighty to Save (Hillsong)
You can learn what other communities of faith experienced this weekend in worship at The Worship Community.