“Whatever happens, as citizens of heaven live in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ. Then, whether I come and see you or only hear about you in my absence, I will know that you stand firm in the one Spirit, striving together with one accord for the faith of the gospel without being frightened in any way by those who oppose you.” (Philippians 1:27-28)
“Keep the earth below my feet
For all my sweat, my blood runs weak
Let me learn from where I have been
Keep my eyes to serve, my hands to learn
Keep my eyes to serve, my hands to learn”
(Mumford & Sons)
As a citizen of heaven, how are you living in the place that God has set you? Here are some questions you might want to reflect upon as you consider the kind of kingdom impact you could make in the places you live, learn, work and play:
- How connected are you to your place in the world?
- Have you settled into your place and are you seeking its peace?
- How do you live out an earthy faith?
- How committed are you to its well-being?
- What is your attitude toward others?
- Do you pray as if it all depends upon God and work as if it all depends upon you?
- How does your work and relating promote the common good of your place?
- What would flourishing look like in your place?
- What signs of God’s kingdom do you see in your place?
Here is our complete worship flow:
- Love Came Down (Ben Cantelon)
- Mighty Fortress (Aaron Shust and Paul Baloche)
- Your Love Never Fails (Chris McClarney)
- Reading from Psalm 85
- Instruments of Peace (Stefan Van Voorst)
- Prayer of St Francis
- Announcements and Offering
- Message (Coordinates)
- Below My Feet (Mumford & Sons)
You can learn what other communities of faith experienced this weekend in worship at The Worship Community.