“In response to the amazing grace and mercy of God in Christ, take your heart, mind, soul and strength, take all your relating and all your work, in the places you live, work, learn, serve and play – and offer it all as an act of worship to God.”
That’s my paraphrase of Romans 12:1. Right now our community is in the midst of a series called Offering and we are exploring this amazing thing called worship which I define as follows: worship is offing our lives back to God for the life of the world.
What makes up a life and how do we offer our lives back to God. Here are a couple of questions to ponder:
- Jesus said the greatest command is to love God with our heart (will), mind (intellect), soul (emotions) and strength (body). How can you offer these various dimensions of your life back to God?
- Our lives consists of the many roles and relationships that the places we live, learn, work, serve and play. How can you offer these back to God?
I love to hear your thoughts and responses.
Here is our complete worship flow:
- Fall on Your Knees (David Crowder Band)
- Our God Is Mercy (Brenton Brown)
- Video Call to Worship
- This I Know (New Life Church)
- Partnership Update
- Announcements and Offering
- Message (Offering 2)
- White Flag (Passion)
You can learn what other communities of faith experienced this weekend in worship at The Worship Community. Speaking of the Worship Community – my heart is heavy as members of the community, Bobby and Kristin Gilles are grieving the deep loss of their newborn son, Parker. Please cover them in your prayers and ask for God to bring comfort and peace into the midst of sorrow.