Today was the launch of our fall season of ministry. Quite honestly, it is one of my favorite Sundays of the year. School has started, people have returned from their vacations and for the first time sine June, the whole community gathers together for worship and celebration.
- Sign: The Church is to be a sign of God’s coming kingdom, pointing people to the reality of God’s reign.
- Foretaste: The Church is called to be a foretaste of God’s kingdom, a place where people can get a taste of the future in the present.
- Instrument: The Church is the instrument through which God’s will for truth, justice, peace and freedom is done in the world.
JR has me thinking – God’s goal is not the Church; God’s goal is the kingdom. Jesus builds the Church and we join God in building for the kingdom.
This morning we closed our gathering with a newer song from Worship Central called, “Now Is the Time for Us.” The chorus captures the heart of the mission of God – to share God’s great love with all the world:
Now is the time for us to sing of your great love
We worship you, God, forever You, God
We hear you calling us to show the world your love
The sound of freedom will be our anthem
You can listen to the Worship Central guys share the story behind the song as well as performing an acoustic version of the song at Worship Together.
Question: How did your community of faith begin the fall season of ministry?
Here is our complete worship flow:
- Your Grace Is Enough (Matt Maher)
- As It Is in Heaven (Matt Maher)
- The Lord’s Prayer
- Love Came Down (Ben Cantelon)
- White Flag (Chris Tomlin)
- Announcements and Offering
- Now is the Time for Us (Worship Central)
You can learn what other communities of faith experienced this weekend in worship at The Worship Community.