Yesterday morning was my last worship gathering before my departure for Uganda. As part of our gathering we shared a brief video from the Pastors Discipleship Network illustrating both the need and the impact of the kind of training and leadership development I will be doing in partnership with PDN. As well, I shared a prayer guide that I am inviting people to leverage while I am away. But the most potent experience of worship for me was when members of our community surrounded me, laid hands on me and prayed. In the midst of my own anxiety and many points of concern, the prayers touched me in a powerful way. It was a deep experience of the love and provision of God mediated through the hands, hearts and voices of the people of God.
Two points of reflection:
- Don’t underestimate the power of prayer.
- Who in your relational circle could you gift with your prayers today?
Here is our complete worship flow:
- The Earth Is Yours (Gungor)
- How Great Is Our God (Chris Tomlin)
- The Apostles Creed
- As It Is in Heaven (Matt Maher)
- Because of Your Love (Baloche and Brown)
- Uganda Update and Prayer
- Announcements and Offering
- Message (Life Under the Sun 4)
- Let My Words Be Few (Matt Redman)
You can learn what other communities of faith experienced this weekend in worship at The Worship Community.