Heal my heart and make it clean,
Open up my eyes to the things unseen
Show me how to love like you have loved me
Break my heart for what breaks yours
Everything I am for your kingdom’s cause
As I walk from earth into eternity.
These words from the song, “Hosanna” written by Brooke Fraser, captured the essence of our worship gathering this morning. As we continued our series “Rejoicing Our World,” we explored the state of our own hearts by looking inward. As Amy Sherman says, “the righteous seek not only to act rightly but also be right on the inside.”
Of course, it is only through the righteousness of Christ and his finished work on the Cross that we can stand as the righteous before God. But the righteous person who brings joy to his/her world pays careful attention to these fours areas of life:
- personal holiness
- the fruit of the Spirit
Why not pause for a moment and take your spiritual pulse and ask the Lord to reveal to you the true state of your heart?
Here is our complete worship flow:
- Here For You (Matt Redman and Matt Maher)
- Collect for Purity: Almighty God, to You all hearts are open, all desires known, and from You no secrets are hid: Cleanse the thoughts of our hearts by the inspiration of Your Holy Spirit, that we may perfectly love You, and worthily magnify Your holy Name; through Christ our Lord. Amen. (Book of Common Prayer)
- Forever Reign (One Sonic Society)
- Salvation Is Here (Hillsong)
- Psalm 15 and Prayers of Confession
- Hosanna (Brooke Fraser)
- Announcements and Offerings
- Message: Rejoicing Our World 3
- Shine (Matt Redman)
Why not take a moment and drop by The Worship Community and learn what other communities of faith experienced this weekend in worship.