After two weeks away from our community of faith, it was great to gather with the people of God called Christ Community Church of the South Hills. Over the next three weeks we are in a series called “Tense” and we are exploring our past, present and future as a community of faith. Today we looked at a significant text for our community, Philippians 1:1-10 and used Paul’s words to the Philippian Church as a platform to remember our past and give thanks to God.
Over the summer, I asked our staff and ministry leaders to reflect upon and then respond to these two questions:
- How have you seen God’s hand working in and through this ministry over the past year?
- What are you celebrating?
It was encouraging to hear their stories and we created a document that captured the spirit of their responses which we called Ministry Celebrations.
Questions: how does your community remember the past and give thanks?
Here is our complete worship flow for the morning:
- O The God (Matt Redman and Jonas Myrin)
- Call to Worship from Psalm 115
- Not to Us (Chris Tomlin)
- Forever (Chris Tomlin)
- Mighty to Save (Hillsong)
- A Litany for Students and Educators
- Announcements and Offering
- 10,000 Reasons (Matt Redman and Jonas Myrin)
- Sacrament of Communion
- Reprise: O This God
You can learn what other communities of faith experienced this weekend in worship at The Worship Community.