One line from Daniel Renstrom’s powerful song, “At the Cross” captures the essence of our worship gathering: “we are singing songs of redemption, we are Christ’s possession, brought with the precious blood.”
This week we continued our series, “Beautiful Exchange” by exploring the theme of redemption found in the Scriptures. For my message, I drew upon the reality show “Pawn Stars” from the History Channel, some historical background on slavery in the Roman Empire, Paul’s words in Ephesians 1:3-14 and the story of redemption found in the Old Testament book of Hosea. The beautiful exchange of the Cross is summarized with these words:
“In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace that he lavished on us.” (Ephesians 1:7-8)
Here are three important questions for you to reflect upon on this Memorial Day:
- What’s your redemption story?
- From what has God redeemed you?
- For what has God redeemed you?
One of our team members, Rob lead our worship through music this morning. He did an excellent job in selecting songs that not only reflected our redemption theme but also helped us respond to the redemption that God has offered to us in Christ.
Here’s the worship flow for our gathering:
- Lord, I Lift Your Name on High (Lincoln Brewster version)
- My Savior Lives (Hillsong)
- At the Cross (Daniel Renstrom)
- Declaring the Apostle’s Creed
- Praying the Lord’s Prayer
- You Bled (Rend Collective Experiment)
- More than Amazing (Lincoln Brewster)
You can learn what other communities of faith experienced in worship this past weekend at The Worship Community.