Today was the second Sunday of the season of Easter. I have been emphasizing to our community that Easter is more than just a single day, it is a season in which we can live more deeply into the reality of the resurrection of Jesus Christ.
This morning our gathering worship was themed around the Thomas narrative found in John 20:19-29. Over the past months we have been integrating a new model of formation in our ministry with children and students and today we engaged our entire community. We call this our C3 Model and these three statements describe our overall purpose and objectives:
- Captivating our children and youth with God’s Story
- Connecting them with each other and their leaders
- Cultivating life-long relationships with Jesus Christ
Two guys from our community, Dan Emerick and Brandon Szuminsky shared a creative telling of the Thomas story and you can listen to it here.
Our music set included the following:
- Death in His Grave (John Mark McMillan)
- Our God is Mercy (Brenton Brown)
- Like a Lion (Daniel Bashta)
- You Bled (Rend Collective Experiment)
- Reading from Philippians 2:5-11
- Forever Reign (Hillsong and One Sonic Society)
How did your worshiping community press deeper into the reality of Christ’s resurrection?
You can learn what other faith communities experienced this weekend in worship at The Worship Community.