It’s that time again in the life cycle of our nation. Election time, that is. Later this month I will be facilitating a series of dialogues for our community of faith on some of the important and hot button issues facing our nation and world – issues on which people of faith sometimes disagree.
In my preparation for this dialogues I am doing some reading and research. Here is my current working bibliography. Do you have any recommendations – any must reads? I would love your input?
- Jesus for President (Shane Claiborne and Chris Haw)
- God and Government (Chuck Colson)
- The Myth of a Christian Nation: How the Quest for Political Power is Destroying the Church (Gregory A Boyd)
- God’s Name in Vain: The Wrongs and Rights of Religion in Politics (Stephen Carter)
- The Future of Faith in American Politics: The Public Witness of the Evangelical Center (David P. Gushee)
- Beyond Left and Right (Amy Black)
- Red Letter Christians (Tony Campolo)
- The Great Awakening: Reviving Faith and Politics in a Post-Religious Right America (Jim Wallis)
- Personal Faith, Public Policy (Tony Perkins and Harry Jackson)
- The Scandal of Evangelical Politics: Why Are Christians Missing the Chance to Really Change the World? (Ronald J. Sider)